Check out these great resources for finding organic food when traveling throughout Central America. We would like to find more organic options in this area of the world, so be sure to share your favorite discoveries!
- Happy Cow -A site with restaurant and store reviews by “vegetarians, vegans, and natural food enthusiasts you can trust.” Mobile app available.
- The Sol Seekers – Check out our organic discoveries on Trover.
- WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) – Volunteer on an organic farm, in exchange for food, accommodation and learning opportunities. WWOOF links volunteers with organic growers in over 100 countries worldwide.
Costa Rica –
- The Costa Rica Star – A list of organic markets and restaurants in the central valley of Costa Rica.
- Cheap Food Here – a list of restaurants and online sources that offer organic food.
- Rainbow Organic – A site that offers fresh, certified organic food that you can order on-line.
- Indefinite Adventure – A travel blog with guides to eating vegan in Costa Rica.
- Organic Holidays – A directory to hotels, bed & breakfasts, and self-catering accommodations that prepare meals using local organic produce whenever possible.